- Software testing is a process of identifying the errors/bugs and issues and also helps to know the quality of software and provides asses information about the software product.
- Testing the software product
- To enhance the software quality.
- To detect the errors and issues.
- To rectify the errors in the early stage of software development, it may reduce the cost to fix the error.
- To gain the customer confidence about the software product.
- To optimize the business.
- Testing plays a vital role in software development and Testing in software product done by the software tester or the quality assurance (QA) tester.
- The product will be tested, depending on the testing strategies offered by the QA to ensure the product is free from errors and issues.
BEST PRACTICES FOR SOFTWARE TESTING
Some of the practice for software testing,
- Understand Software Concept
- Ask Questions about Software
- Test control and Report
- Learning New Techniques
We all need to communicate with our team members as well as tester, because lack of communication may leads to incorrect errors in software if the product runs with error free in developer side but it shows error in tester side again go back developer there product runs fine in developer end, it may said issues are unresolved and it is not in a good communication between tester and developer. So the communication is very important when the testing process commence.
2) Understand Software Concept:
It is very important to the tester, because tester wants to know the overall product from a business, technical and perspective. It’s clear that the whole project will be divided among several team members and each team member will focus only on the areas of testing, but having a knowledge about the entire application and architecture is always useful. Take more time to analyze the software product and understanding the concept of the software.
3) Ask Questions About Software:
Tester can ask many questions about the software product with user experience in mind to the developer. Because they can trying to prove something, Because tester wants to know the software completely – involve how the user use the software, software can solve which type of problem and software product looks and hidden features.
4) Test control and Report:
- Test plan
The good test plan, ensure a software product is free from errors. The test plan identifies multiple test levels, which are going to performed for the product. Activities at each level must be planned well in advance and it has to be formally documented. Depends on the individual plans, appropriate test plans are carried out.
- Evaluation of test
- The number of test cases depends on
- Test all the functions and features of the product.
- Tester want to act like a customer
- Use inappropriate and appropriate combination of inputs.
- That is tester can test the product with more incorrect inputs whether it is error free product or not.
- Attain the software in quality, reliable and efficient performance.
- Test Report
- List of bugs with their final expected outcomes.
- List of open and unresolved bugs.
- Have a completed copy of each test case, it was executed.
5) Learning New Techniques:
Software testing is a developing, changing and evolving. Regular learning with experts in online, learning courses and attending the conference may leads to know more about the software testing and it’s importance and need practice.